How to reach Rennes ?
Brittany’s Capital is easily reachable by TGV, by plane and highways.
Reaching Rennes by TGV
- Thanks to the TGV, Rennes is only 1h25 away from Paris Gare Montparnasse. With 41 connections between Rennes and Paris every day, trains are leaving every 30min, and one out of two trains goes non-stop to Rennes from Paris.
- To visit Rennes from Paris, the train is the most economical and green choice. Once you are in Rennes, it is easy to move around: no car is needed, as you can reach every point of the city centre by walking, by bus, metro or even by renting a bike.
Reaching Rennes by plane
- Rennes is 1h away from Paris Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport.
- Daily direct flights are ensured from major French cities (Paris, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Nice, Lyon).
- Plenty of connections enable you to reach Rennes in 1h30 from major European cities (London, Southampton, Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester, Dublin, Cork, Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Roma…)
- Rennes-Saint-Jacques airport is also conveniently located, as it is only 20 minutes away from the city centre (by bus 57 or by taxi).
Reaching the Congress Centre “Le Couvent des Jacobins”
- Address: 6, Rue de l’échange 35 000 Rennes
- 160m by foot from the metro station Saint-Anne
- Metro line A, Saint-Anne Station (direct line from the Rennes train station)
- Metro Info weblink
Book your hotel
In order to facilitate the reservation of hotels, the City of Rennes will make available a link to access a reservation centre. Link to be published soon.
Summary of main spots